You may take: cough drops (throat lozenges), such as Halls, Ricola or Cepacol. guaifenesin (Mucinex, plain Robitussin) for a dry cough.
What brand of cough drops are safe during pregnancy?
Cough medications: Expectorants (like Mucinex), cough suppressants (such as Robitussin or Vicks Formula 44), vapor rubs (like Vicks Vapo Rub) as well as most cough drops are considered safe during pregnancy, but ask your practitioner about dosing.
Can I take halls while pregnant?
Therefore, the risks of menthol cough drops on pregnancy are not fully known. That said, there have not been any reports of negative effects on a pregnancy due to menthol use. To be safe, you should talk to your doctor before taking menthol cough drops during pregnancy.
What can you take for a sore throat while pregnant?
Pregnant women can take acetaminophen (Tylenol) for a sore throat with a limit of 3,000 mg in 24 hours. An antihistamine may help if the sore throat is due to postnasal drip because it can dry up those secretions. Sprays or lozenges that contain benzocaine, a local anesthetic, can help numb the throat.
What throat lozenges are safe during pregnancy?
Throat lozenges containing local anaesthetic and antibacterial agents may be used in pregnancy. Avoid excessive use as it may cause unwanted side effects such as diarrhoea. Gargling salt water or drinking lemon and honey products may also help to ease a sore throat.
Can you have honey while pregnant?
Yes, it is safe to eat honey while you are pregnant. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists does not list honey in their recommended list of foods that pregnant women should avoid. There are two main reasons why it is safe for women to eat honey while they are pregnant.
Is vaporub safe during pregnancy?
Vicks Vaporub is safe for mums-to-be and helps relieve the symptoms of a blocked nose, sore throat and cough. It is available as an ointment for rubbing on the chest, throat or back, and can also be added to hot water and the vapours inhaled.
Is menthol harmful during pregnancy?
Menthol is a common ingredient of many throat lozenges, sprays, and topical ointments. There are no human studies on the use of menthol during pregnancy; thus, its risk is undetermined. The concentration of menthol in these products is low, and the risk of malformations is therefore believed to be small.
What can a pregnant woman take for a cough?
Safe options include:
- plain cough syrup, such as Vicks.
- dextromethorphan (Robitussin; category C) and dextromethorphan-guaifenesin (Robitussin DM; category C) cough syrups.
- cough expectorant during the day.
- cough suppressant at night.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol; category B) to relieve pain and fever.
14 сент. 2018 г.
How can a pregnant woman get rid of a sore throat?
How should I treat a sore throat while I’m pregnant?
- Gargle with warm salt water.
- Drink a soothing herbal tea or hot water with lemon and honey.
- Suck on a lozenge or hard candy to relieve pain temporarily.
- To boost your immune system and fight infection, eat healthy foods, especially fruits and vegetables.
Can sore throat harm baby during pregnancy?
Anyone who is pregnant and thinks that they may have strep throat should see a doctor. Doctors can treat strep throat with medications that fight bacterial infections. Although it does not often happen, untreated strep throat during pregnancy can lead to serious medical complications in both the woman and the fetus.
How do you fight a cold when pregnant?
- menthol rub on your chest, temples, and under the nose.
- nasal strips, which are sticky pads that open congested airways.
- cough drops or lozenges.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol) for aches, pains, and fevers.
- cough suppressant at night.
- expectorant during the day.
5 авг. 2016 г.
Can I have Strepsils while pregnant?
Strepsils are not generally thought to be harmful to take when you’re pregnant but, as there have been no specific, large-scale studies into the safety of Strepsils in pregnancy, you may prefer to treat a sore throat by gargling with salty water, sucking an ice cube or drinking hot lemon and honey.
What meds are OK to take while pregnant?
Which Medications Are Safe During Pregnancy?
- Safe to take: Regular and extra-strength Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Safe to take: Metamucil, Colace, Citracel, Milk of Magnesia, Dulcolax.
- Safe to take: Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, Pepcid.
- Safe to take: Penicillin.
- Safe to take: Monistat, Gynelotrimin.
11 июн. 2015 г.