During pregnancy, increased levels of estrogen and progesterone help create the kind of environment in which yeast can thrive. Other causes of yeast infections include taking antibiotics and having intercourse, both of which can disrupt the natural pH in your vagina.
Can an infection during pregnancy harm the baby?
Infection can be dangerous during pregnancy as it can cause problems for unborn babies, such as hearing loss, visual impairment or blindness, learning difficulties and epilepsy. CMV is particularly dangerous to the baby if the pregnant mother has not had the infection before.
How can I avoid infection during pregnancy?
10 Simple Steps to Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Maintain good hygiene. …
- Cook your meat until it’s well done. …
- Avoid unpasteurized (raw) milk and foods made from it. …
- Ask your doctor about Group B streptococcus (GBS). …
- Talk to your doctor about vaccinations. …
- Get tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs). …
- Avoid people who have an infection.
4 февр. 2021 г.
How is infection treated during pregnancy?
Treatment includes antibiotics and may require hospitalization. If a fever develops during labor, a doctor or midwife will monitor the fetus. If the symptoms are severe, the doctor may recommend a cesarean delivery.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
* Wash your intimate area twice a day with lukewarm water, but not more than twice. * To dry your vaginal area, use a soft, clean towel. Ensure the towels are 100% cotton and dry. * Avoid using harsh soaps to clean your vagina.
What infections can cause miscarriage?
The association of systemic infections with malaria, brucellosis, cytomegalovirus and human immunodeficiency virus, dengue fever, influenza virus and of vaginal infection with bacterial vaginosis, with increased risk of miscarriage has been demonstrated.
Why is my Vigina itchy inside while pregnant?
The hormonal changes associated with pregnancy can disrupt the pH balance of the vagina, causing yeast to multiply. For this reason, yeast infections are common during pregnancy. Symptoms can include: itching.
Is it good to shave before delivery?
Once upon a time, hospitals shaved pregnant women before delivery. Now, shaving isn’t recommended at all. … Recent research shows that it can increase the risk of infection for women who end up needing C-sections—and the last thing anyone needs after having a baby is a preventable infection.
How can I clean my private part hair?
- Disinfect your razor.
- Wet your pubic hair so it’s easier to cut.
- Choose a natural cream, moisturizer, or gel to lubricate the skin and reduce the chance of irritation or breakouts.
- Hold the skin tight and shave slowly and gently in the direction that your hairs grow.
- Rinse your razor after each swipe.
15 мар. 2019 г.